I’m all for making great drinks, especially when they serve a purpose, According to various sites including Healthy Holistic Living lavender helps ease stress, eliminate migraines and depression. I have suffered from migraines since I hit puberty, I currently take Imitrex but I am always on the hunt for other pain alternatives. I came across the recipe for lavender lemonade on Facebook and decided to make my own version. I headed to EarthFare where I purchased organic lavender buds, organic lemons,and strawberries. I did want the whole lavender plant but it was not in stock at the time, since I was just using the lavender to infuse the lemonade the buds worked just fine.
Lavender lemonade Materials
- Handful of lavender buds
- 1 cup sugar or stevia or honey
- 2 cups water for infusion
- 6 lemons
- Pack of Strawberries
- Tea Kettle or pot to boil water
- Infusion Pitcher
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- 2-3 cups of cold water
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil
- Add lavender buds and your choice of sugar to mixing bowl
- Once water has boiled slowly add to lavender buds and sweetener. Let mix infuse covered for 10-20 minutes
- Cut up lemons and squeeze out juice- this can be poured directly into pitcher
- Cut up strawberries make sure they are thin slices add to pitcher’s infuser
- Pour lavender water into pitcher
- Add cold water to pitcher.
- Let mix infuse for 1-2 hours, can be served chilled or over ice.
- Let stress melt away!